Monday, November 16, 2009

Over 5000 repeats

We just had over 5000 repeats.

We seaparate what we call "playback" and "repeat". If a video doesn't play to the end, it is not counted as a repeat.

Top Videos shows the top repeated videos that played the most (taking the video duration into the account) and the recently played videos. Not all videos that were recently played were actually repeated...

Just as I assumed, some people just come and when they see a very popular track such as Rihanna - Umbrella or O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei they give them a shot. Although, I have not seen many continuious repeats in such cases as with people who come to repeat what they really wanted.

Just did a database stats. The total time videos were repeated so far is 365 hours.

#1 repeat: Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle - repeated 365 times.

I only listened to it 1-2 times. Personally, I love November Rain and Estranged, and I can repeat them a few times. However, I cannot listen to Welcome to the Jungle on repeat. There's just something about the lack of rythm in it.

I wish I knew who watched it, to actually ask why they like it. Maybe, once we have a lot of "repeaters", we'll add a "why you love this video" poll.

#2 repeat: Shakita - Objection - repeated 293 times.

I have to admit that I repeated most of these myself. The video is just awesome, Shakira is sexy and the song is an easy listen while working.

#3 repeat: O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei - repeated 222 times.

I also have to admit that I first watched it. Then a few people repeated it a few times. However, I am sure more than half of repeats were mine. The reason I like this song - it was very catchy when it came out. Listening to it brings back those memories. And it's also an easy listen while working.

I'll post the next update when we'd have 10,000 repeats...

No comments:

Post a Comment